Monday, March 9, 2009

Jibbly Bits

Okay, first of all let me get this off my chest:

Watchmen-you were stupid. You were full of bad acting and I don't think you did Alan Moore justice (not that his ego needs to be stroked more). The violence was misunderstood and the sex scene was gratuitous. There were somethings I liked: it was visually excellent and some actors did well with it. Overall it was about 45 minutes too long.

Next!

So, along with my healthy(ish) eating I'm attempting to attend the gym on a semi-regular basis. I go to the Beacon Hill Athletic Club here in snooty Wellesley and I love it. I go on my lunch break and work out for a half hour, as prescribed by my doc.

Going to the gym at 1:00 pm in Wellesley is awesome. There are only 4 other people there, and they are all over 65. Not only does it motivate me when I'm on the elliptical next to a senior citizen, my boobs are wicked perky in comparison when I'm in the locker room.

The only downfall is the occasional Wellesley mom that pops in. You know, in her super cute gym outfit, perfectly applied make up, and way too much jewelry to wear when bouncing along on a treadmill.

When Wellesley mom is running next to me she's at twice the speed as I am and half the perspiration. She is also missing all the jibbly bits that I have. Wellesley mom makes me want to cry. But sometimes I run harder when she's there, especially when I focus on keying her car in my head.

What is wrong with me?


And now for a new segment to the blog:

This Week in Funny

Each Monday I'll let you all know the comedy I'm seeing in the upcoming week in case you want to join!

Tonight I'm heading over to Improv Asylum to see the level 5 grad show. If you want in, it's free and I would love some company.

Wednesday is my Best of Improv Asylum show over in the North End. This month my shows are on Wednesdays, and beginning in April they are Sunday nights!

Thursday I'm going to see the opening night of the new Mainstage show over at Improv Asylum. Would you like to join?

Friday I'm going to see the 8pm show and then MCing Friday Night Face Off.

And Saturday I'm hoping to check out Misch and Steph if they are performing! As always I would love company.

Shoot me a post if you would like to be my date to any of the above!

2 comments:

  1. I think I may join you on Friday!

    Also, imagining keying Wellesley Mom's car may be your greatest motivational tool. I know when I am on the treadmill I like to imagine that I am ON THE LAM FROM THE LAW. We all have our fantasies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellesley Mom can go eat a salad and drink a diet iced tea with the Cambridge Sporty Hotties.

    I don't run on the treadmill because I don't like the people who stare at me like "who let that little girl in here?" So I go to the back of the room and do my cardio on a recumbant bike.

    ReplyDelete