Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Long Car Rides

With the Wedding Tour 2009: The Curse of the Twenty-Something, Ted and I have had to spend a lot of time in the car together. On such occasions when we've run out of discussion topics (Vampires vs. Werewolves, Can we walk our cat on a leash?, What will we do with a Pirate Ship when we steal one?) we play a game called "I'm Thinking of an Animal."

The game isn't as simple as it sounds. Yes, one person thinks of an animal while the other tries to guess, but it's the questions that are key. You may ask standard questions about it's grouping like "is it a mammal?" or "does it fly?" but the key is to ask the right questions, for example "If it were to host a tea party, what would it serve for a snack?" or, "What kind of shoes would this animal have?"

I'm telling you, the game is most fun and passes the time between rest stops and exits for Hicksville Long Island (where one of our June weddings were held).

So who wants to go on a road trip?

2 comments:

  1. I have a Hicksville, Long Island wedding coming up. I'll be sure to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in Hicksville Long Island!

    ReplyDelete