Monday, August 10, 2009

The Bitch is Back

Chill out guys, I'm right here.

After a two month hiatus I'm back with new undies and a fresh outlook.

Right now I'm writing while Mr. Mooney cleans up the apartment in preparation for the In-Laws. Don't worry-they aren't my actual in-laws yet, but they might as well be. I spent the past weekend at their house flopping around with no bra, drinking wine, and pooping in their toilets like they were family. 2 1/2 years into the relationship and I feel fine.

The past two months have been a whirlwind of weddings, improv, dentist appointments and Kittens.

Now for excuses:

Cranky Face
So, one of the reasons that I stopped writing for a while was the passing of Gus. Guscat was with me for a long time and we had to suddenly put him down at the end of May. Needless to say I was a mess. He was a best friend. Smooching me when I got home, curling up between Ted and I while we slept, and generally a good old fashioned crankyface. Ted and I had a hard time with the sudden death of our old buddy and every time I sat down to write something for the weeks after I started to cry. I've got it down to that bubble in the back of my throat that makes me feel like I've got a sad donut caught in my esphogus. The hardest part? Two days later the Doc. sent us a paw print. Now we are a one Gus* house hold.

Michael Jackson
One entry I sat down to write, and still currently have in my drafts was about crazy people. On my list were the crazies on Whale Wars, the man that walks around central square with the potted plant, and MJ. Well, don't you know it two days later MJ dies and I secretly think that I did it by writing about how crazy he was.

Weddings
Mooney and I have a wedding just about every other week this summer. In fact, until October we DO have one every other weekend.

Miles
We adopted Miles: The Dragon Slayer last month. He's an all black crazy kitten. No Gus, but good company for the other kitty. And he's pretty damn cute.


So that's it folks. I'm back, I promise this time.

Smoochers.


*For those of you who don't know, Mr. Mooney and I each had a cat named Gus before we started dating. His is a girl, mine was a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment