Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One of the moments...


Reading on the internet, posing like a GQ model, clueless that I'm taking this phone photo.


It was one of those moments that I was reminded how much I love him.

It was the morning after the wedding - we were both really rested because the place cleared out at around 9:00 the previous night. We got a few dances in with the great big band, and for the most part we had ignored any political liberal confrontation. You see, these people were from no where Maine and very Christian. I got the impression that we were the fringe in this situation. Maybe we were reading into it too much, but the ceremony had deep seeded undertones about the sacrament of marriage. I can't wait till they see all the gays at our wedding*...

We were sitting, waiting for a chance to congratulate the bride and groom before we trekked back to Mass (mind you this is the 4th out of 5 weddings this summer-we're sick of driving). Ted was talking to his brother and I was spacing out, watching a group of cousins and I overheard "Oh God! How liberal can you be?" I took a deep breath in and held my tongue,

He leaned over and whispered in my ear "I don't even want to know." Here we were on the same page, nothing had to be said.


* No, we aren't engaged. And I plan on putting no pressure on Ted to get a ring on my finger. After this weekend, it seems his family is doing all the work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment