Tuesday, May 19, 2009

28 Proof Liquor and an apology

Liz,
I'm truly sorry I haven't been updating my blog.
Love, Shannon

***

I threw my Dad a modest yet still high maintenance 60th Birthday party this past Sunday. He didn't want anything big, just a couple of his friends together for lunch at Pagliuca's* in the North End. He gave me a list of 20 people to call.

The weird thing about older generations than mine, is that they always answer their cell phones. Unknown numbers don't bother them at all. Every single cell phone I called someone answered. When the phone rings and I don't know the number, I ignore it and anxiously await the voicemail.

The party was great. They treated us like Royalty. We ordered things that weren't on the menu. The wine flowed like... wine.

An old accordion player came in and played music for us. It was really great.

My dad was happy. I was happy. What more can you want?

I also drank a lot. Then had to do a show at the Burren. I think it was a good set? I remember feeling great afterwards. I also remember Ted driving me home cause I couldn't, and then crying over the movie Bolt. I just got so sad. Bolt was just so sad. I also remember the hangover I had on Monday morning.

This week I'm taking it easy.

* Pagliuca's is by far the best restaurant in the North End. Anyone who says different is dumb.

2 comments:

  1. "The wine flowed like... wine."

    I am totally using that.

    I also think I am still hung over from this weekend.

    "Be serenaded by an old accordian singer" just went on my Bucket List.

    Thanks for stopping by today... Made my day! *E-hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!! YEAH!! NEW POST!! SHAMWOW!!

    ReplyDelete