Monday, April 13, 2009

Bears.

Ted's brother vomited in my hair this weekend. Which, in retrospect is really funny. It's funny because we were in the middle of the dark roads in Maine and I didn't actually think he was sick, because it's Dave, who I love, but has a history of feigning illness to leave a family event. I thought that's why we were getting on the road so early. Nope. He really didn't feel good and puked in my hair.

I love Maine. I don't do the out doors all that well, but somehow I don't mind so much when I'm on an Island listening to the ocean and trekking through the woods behind a Labrador puppy digging up deer bones. Or human bones. I mean, it was pretty big and looked like a femur of some kind. Not that I know human bones from deer bones... but still. Maybe there is a serial killer on the island. A serial deer killer.

Oh wait, those are called hunters.

I didn't mind camping so much when we went white water rafting last year, but that wasn't really camping. I had a shower, and I only peed outside if I wanted to. Which I did want to at night when it was dark and scary and the bathroom was too far away. I also felt super self aware that the only people sleeping could hear my pee on the leaves. Which made it hard to pee. But I digress.

I love watching Survivorman type shows. I mean, I think Cast Away was a freaking amazing movie. What's better than Tom Hanks playing Tom Hanks BUT WITH A BEARD?! A good beard will make any movie. Especially a movie about a gay man trying to hide the fact he's gay at a wedding so he brings his best Fag Hag.

So, though I haven't tested my outdoor capabilities I wonder how I would fare. Clearly I would have to get over the peeing thing. And I'd have to learn how to make a good fire. And ward off bears. Or at least talk them down from being such grumpy faces. Which, if you consider how good I am at calming down my grumpy cat, I may be pretty good with the bears. I don't want to brag, but if I rub Gus's ear he is putty in my hands.

Maybe I'm better off than I thought....

The whole reason I bring this up is because I think it's all going to affect my Zombie experience... when it does happen.

I still promise that Zombie Plan Part II is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment