Friday, February 20, 2009

Smooch Smooch

I’m constantly doing stupid things. I walk away from situations asking myself “why the hell would I say that?” I don’t always think before I speak. I don’t always think before I do anything. Last year while I was new at my Insurance job, M., who is my back up on the phones (I’m a receptionist) got up to let me know she was going to deliver something to a co-worker. I was engrossed in a claim report (these things are hilarious) and instead of acknowledging M. with a simple “sounds good,” I made two smooching noises.

Mwah! Mwah!
Lips pursed and all.

When I’m tuning my boyfriend out as he’s telling me something I sometimes do this. Not to a co-worker. Not to someone I barely know. M turned around to stare at me and walked off to her destination. It took me a good ten seconds to realize what I had actually done.

The worst part about these situations is I never know if I should explain myself or not. If I just leav- it, M. thinks I’m a little more out there than she originally thought. Telling her that I’m reacting to her the same way I do to my boyfriend is just...weird.

The best part of these situations? They are hilarious.

I’m a comedian. I’ve come to realize that I’ve started to look at everything from a comedian’s point of view. Most of the time it’s snarky, sometimes it’s pathetic, sometimes it’s ironic, and sometimes it’s just that funny.

So I’ve jumped on the blogging band wagon. This is my little corner. The simple funny things that happen to us.

Maybe I should have named it the simple awkward things that happen to us.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment